Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thinking Out of the Box...My box!!








Now that I have finished painting the kitchen cabinets and the trim, it has come to the time to pick a paint color. I keep going back and forth with all the variety of colors. There are so many reds, greens, blues, browns......too many colors to choose from. I am realizing that each color brings about different emotions and and feelings. I can't seem to make any sort of decisions as well as not being able to stick to one job at a time. I did however do some gardening....which by the way has really taken off and exploded with beautiful colors, fruits and veggies. I did a little landscaping and transplanting. The yard is starting to look pretty nice. I am anxious to see what comes next spring.






Anyhoo, back to the color situation, It really has become a situation for me and alot of anxiety stricken moments as I make my way up to the paint counter at our local wal-mart. I just can not commit. So, I started doing some research on colors. (Yes, I know I am a nerd with issues) So, apparently Red means: It is the color of fire and blood. It is associated with war and energy and desire. It enhances human metabolism and increases blood pressure. Ok, lets be honest, it really sound exciting!!! I need a little of all that red brings. LOL Green: I guess green symbolizes harmony, freshness, growth and FERTILITY????? As much as I love having babies and being a mom, I don't need help with that. I guess it also aides in digestion and improves your vision. Browns:Well, Brown means solid and reliable. That pretty much sums up brown!! I want to know how they came up with all this info. I would have loved to have been apart of a study like this. I would have made a great "lab rat". It all really seems ridiculous, but in reality, think of the feelings you have when you walk into a restaurant and the walls are painted a neutral color and the feeling you have when you enter a restaurant with bright bold colors and decorations that demand your attention. I think there might be something to all this color science. After all that research, I wiped the sweat off my brow and began to really think about my "vision" for the kitchen. RED!! RED, RED, RED, RED!!! That seems to be the only color that excites me and gives me a desire to cook up and create beautiful and flavorful dishes. I feel as though it might awaken something in me with my love for food and the dishes I will create. I have not even painted my walls, and yet I am stimulated and ready to go. Good sign right??? Blood pressure rising already!!!! So, all that being said, white trim, white cabinets, RED walls!!!!! Pics to come!!!



No comments: