Sunday, October 23, 2011


Juicing day 1:
So Saturday I went to a little garage sale down the street and as I bummed around I saw tables and tables full of junk. As I was just about to leave, I noticed a little piece of equipment.....that little appliance that I have researched and desired????? There she was, all covered in dirt and grime and sitting among tools covered in cobwebs, my juicer. I was so excited and to make it even better, only for $2. I searched through my purse to find two dollars, whether in change or cash, I was going to buy this. I quickly paid the man and grabbed my juicer before he could realize what he was selling.
I went home, cleaned and scrubbed my sweet find and swiftly darted off to the computer to look up all things juicing. I found a million reasons why and all the benefits of why juicing is such a great idea. I am not in poor health by any means, but I am however struggling with some health issues such as Type 1 Diabetes and low Thyroid. I struggle with extreme fatigue and lethargy as well as hormonal issues. There are several little other health things that have found there way to me, but I am determined to fight like hell to keep them at bay.
As I read about the benefits, I thought, "Why have I not done this before and what else can I prevent in the future". Not only were the recipes for different ailments like, bladder, liver, immune boosting, but.....ANTI AGING!!! Oh man I cant wait to try that one too. After cleaning out my new little gift to myself, I cleaned off whatever veggie and fruit I had on hand to try. I cleaned a beet, an apple, a piece of Ginger, and about 4 carrots. I was so excited to see the beautiful juice colors pour out of the machine and into my beautiful glass before me. I took a small sip and them a bigger one. It really was not all that bad. I could for sure taste the earth of the beet, but the aftertaste was very sweet and quite enjoyable.
My goal for juicing and keep this journal is to really see the affects that juicing will have on my body and mind and appearance. I know that I will never be a size 2. I have stretch marks from my two beautiful children, I have hips, I have flaws, but I want to be as healthy as possible with the body and the life that God has blessed me with. My body is the temple of God, and so It is time I start treating myself as such. I don't want to medicate instantly, but rather look to other alternatives for treatment and maybe ward off any other sicknesses and ailments. I want to be around for my beautiful family for a long time and I want to feel and look my best as much as I can. So, here we go......
To sum it all up for now, I have come up with a large list of veggies and fruits and all the specific ailments that they are capable of treating. I will post those at a later date. As I play with and prepare new recipes, I will keep you posted for sure. Tomorrow, orange, carrot and apple juice breakfast before my morning run.

No comments: