Monday, October 24, 2011




Juicing Day 2:
So this morning I woke up with excitement to try out a new juice. For my kiddos, I prepared a glass o carrot, orange and apple juice. Oranges and carrots help to build up the immune systems, and we are in a storm of everyone at school and church sick with something. We as a family have made the choice for the past couple of years to vaccinate for the flu, but instead double up on vitamin D3 , a good multi, good hand washing and lots of vitamin c. I feel like I could make this juicing for them in the mornings to sip on the way to school. They were a little hesitant to try it, after seeing the carrots being juiced in it. Surprise!!!! THEY LOVED IT!!!
I was so excited and inspired to let them help me pick out somethings to juice for my morning glass. They chose and orange, an apple, fresh cranberries and about 5 carrots and one more veggie, that really made it fantastic and refreshing.....a cucumber. The combination of cranberry and cucumber was quite surprising to me how great it really was. I started thinking about the numerous benefits of just went in that glass.
Align Left
Here is MY list....I am sure that there are many more veggies and fruits to juice that have more benefits than I can even imagine, but after 2 hours of looking up all these fruits and veggies to juice this is what I came up with. Please, if you have any recipes or more great info on the benefits, do share.
Apples - acne, cholesterol, obesity
Asparagus - eczema, acne, impotence
Beets - liver cleaner, PMS, cancer
Berries - bladder, infections, high blood pressure, fatigue, colds, sore throat
Broccoli - vitamin A, K, and C - antioxidants
Cabbage - cancer, diabetes, weight loss, ulcers
Carrots - immune system, skin, lungs, intestines
Celery Align Left- kidneys, Vitamin E,C,A and B Complex
Cherries - anti aging, headaches, arthritis and gout
Cranberries - urinary tract
Cucumber - liver, dry skin, sunburn, healthy hair and nails
Ginger - stomach and blood sugar levels
Grapes - kidneys, liver, muscle spasms, teeth and hot flashes
Lemons - Vitamin C , cancer
Kale - Vitamin A and C, Calcium and good source of Iron
Oranges - Vitamin C, cold symptoms, immune system builder
Papayas - colon, Vitamin A,B,C flavonoids and digestion
Parsley - blood cleansers, digestion, kidneys and bad breath
Pears - Vitamin C, B2, E and Potassium
Pineapple - wounds, bruises, arthritis, gout, sinuses, varicose veins, hemorrhoids
Spinach - heart disease, acne, colon, arthritis, constipation
String Beans - blood clotting, colon, diabetes
Tomatoes - liver, PMS, yeast infections, prostate, obesity
Watermelon - cholesterol, blood pressure, weight loss, prostate
Zucchinis - liver
All my info is from various places on the grand ol' Internet. I did find this tidbit of info from a great website called lovelymom.com
It has alot of great information about juicing specifically for kids and some recipes I sure will try soon. Here is a snippet of what she says are the basic benefits of juicing....
The body quickly absorbs large amounts of nutrients from juice than from
solid foods because the process of digestion necessary when you eat whole foods
is bypassed Enzymes in fresh fruits and vegetables play a vital role in
converting food into body tissue and energy Enzymes help to increase
metabolism Juicing ensures a sufficient amount of phytochemicals to help
fight diseaseAntioxidants are immune enhancing properties concentrated in
juice.The concentration of antioxidants in fresh juice will also combat the
damaging effects of free radicals on the skin and contribute to a glowing
complexion.
Ok, now that I have shared all that great info, I still look over all this info and get excited about what combos I can make and what will be the benefits.
I must admit, that though I had a great juice experience this morning, and ran after, (great start to the day) then, well my husband called this afternoon and took me out for greasy, fried, sodium filled Chinese food for lunch. I was NOT able to turn his invitation down. Since that moment I have made not so great choices with my food. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I do however have to work, so I am curious how my energy level will stay while teaching 10 - 2 year olds. That will be the true test.
We shall see!!!

No comments: